Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Finally February!!!!

Now that I've put my two week notice into my job and January has finally come to a bittersweet end, it's time to officially begin the countdown to takeoff on 2/18/2010.



A few reasons Why I love Barcelona....



In case I haven't mentioned it yet, my birthday is fast approaching. Although the big "T" word that rhymes with dirty makes me a little nauseous, I will still celebrate the 18th of February because it has been the setting for many important events in world history.

A Few Examples:

1516 – Queen Mary I of England is born (d. 1558)

1654 – Jean-Louis Guez de Balzac is born, French writer (b. 1594)

1685 – Fort St. Louis is established by a Frenchman at Matagorda Bay thus forming the basis for France's claim to Texas.

1911 – The first official flight with air mail takes place in Allahabad, British India, when Henri Pequet, a 23-year-old pilot, delivers 6,500 letters to Naini, about 10 km away.

1913 – Raymond Poincaré becomes President of France.

1930 – Elm Farm Ollie becomes the first cow to fly in a fixed-wing aircraft and also the first cow to be milked in an aircraft.

1943 – The Nazis arrest the members of the White Rose movement.

1968 – Molly Ringwald is born, American actress

1979 – Snow fell in the Sahara Desert in southern Algeria for the only recorded time in history.

1980 – I was born and so was Regina Spektor, Russian/American singer and songwriter



But probably the most amazing February 18 is yet to come ........

No comments:

Post a Comment