Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 4 - Jeudi

What a big day it's been for me.

I walked to the university and enrolled in class. It starts Monday but I will not be back from Spain til the afternoon, so officially I will begin my french lessons next Tuesday.
As I left the school, I felt overwhelmed with happy emotions. I guess because in a way, the things I have always hoped for are coming true. In my other blog I wrote an entry regarding some hopes I had for myself on September 9, 2009. Ths was just less than one month before meeting Roger.

-----------------------------------------------------------
9/9/09
So by the end of the week, I'll be sending out applications. Gonna throw 'em out there and leave it up to fate. Who knows where the wind will take me next. Born in Maryland, lived in Atlanta, Charlotte, Pittsburgh, Dallas, Houston, San Diego, The Woodlands, and Austin may be next, possibly even Barcelona. This girl doesn't stay anywhere too long....


Hopefully by January I will be at one end of a classroom. Could be teaching English in Spain or getting my Masters somewhere else, preferibly in foreign languages.
Mi espanol es excelente, il mio italiano sta bene, but I don't speak a lick of french. Here's a song I heard in a lil museum of oddities this past weekend. I wish I knew what she was saying.



ciao for now."
http://anothernotchonmyblogpost.blogspot.com/2009/09/i-used-to-live-in-heartbeat-city.html
------------------------------------------------------------

Can you believe it????? I never imagined in a million years that I would be studying french in Lyon, living with a Catalan man I met after moving to Houston. Somehow, someone is watching over me. The best part is I've got proof that my prayers were answered and I'm living a dream I thought would be impossible.
____________
I have to mention as well, that Carla Bruni from the video above is none other than the wife of the current president of the French Republic, Nicolas Sarkozy.

____________

After enrolling at the school I decided to go for a bite at where else but McDo's. Side note: last night's dinner, no so great. The soup tasted like baby food and the pate' looked and smelled cat food. Since it's still very difficult for me to order food here without Roger, I am trying to stick with the basics and figured that I should be able to get 6 Nu-GATS without a hitch.
----WRONG!
Well partially wrong, they understood nuggets fine and le petite coke light but then when I asked for Mustard all hell broke loose. The cashier freaked and called over le McManager. At this point, I felt all eyes in the restaurant on me as I try to say mustard in every accent I know. Pretty sure I looked like a jerk. If it were any other condiment I would have given up, but without the mustard I would not endure this grade "E" meat. Eventually I spotted the mustard packets behind the counter and pointed, saying that I wanted "du".
I handed the girl my money and took my tray up the stairs (because in Europe the McDos always have two levels) to escape the drama.

After I finished my lunch, I walked over to the center of the city becuase it's much more modern and there are plenty of places to sit and people-watch.
it was cold and windy today, but no rain.




This stand is called "American Sandwich"
It is run by French-Asians and they sell  French and Mexican desserts filled with Nutella. How American!
I didn't succumb to the delicious temptations today, but it's only a matter of time.

More interesting store names.......


Oh, and I made it home without opening a map, today was a success!

Couldn't end this McBlog without including the McScene from Pulp Fiction where John Travolta talks about ordering a big mac in Paris.

No comments:

Post a Comment