Thursday, March 15, 2012

pumped up kicks part deux

So the games have begun and I´ve got two pairs drying in my kitchen window.  Let´s take a look.
My little sad Nine West boots. So dull and lifeless. 
Can I make them look more like these Opening Ceremony "Coachella" boots?

With a little help from my friends at Rit, I think I can, I think I can....
Here we go, these are the supplies you´ll need. I brought back this Rit in Denim Blue back from the states. I have found some dyes here but they´re just not the same and cost 3x. 


So first boot is done and it is so dark, but already it´s lightening up as it dries. I will update you on the final color tomorrow. 
from Maje
 

Since, I had the blue dye already prepared I decided to add some yellow that I found at my corner pharmacie and make some fun green wedges like these from Jimmy Choo called Pandora. So adorable. 

Let´s start with these little babies I got from Target. 
Add a little of this to the already blue dye. 
Not sure how these colors will turn out, but I hope it´s greenish. 


Not too bad, kind of a grey/green. They need some shine though. 
Add a coat of glitter for fabrics all over, then spray with a protectant to seal it in. 
Add the studs with glue. Apply them like fake-eyelashes, wait for the glue to dry a little before applying the stud so they don´t slip too much. I used a chopstick to clean up the excess glue from around the studs. 


Et voila!







No comments:

Post a Comment