Monday, April 26, 2010

Day 65, I think.



This morning we caught a 6 a.m. Air France flight from Barcelona back to Lyon.
Usually I don't get the jitters about flying but this morning there are headlines aplenty regarding the recently continued investigations into the Air France 447 crash one year ago from Rio en route to Paris. This accident hit really close to home, literally, because the only two Americans on that flight Michael and Anne Harris, lived on my block back in The Woodlands. Not to mention, the early bird transit today was filled with professionals all reading the newspapers covered in the pictures of wreckage from that flight. I shut my window this morning as we passed over the Mediterranean. Thank goodness, it's only an hour flight. More good luck that flights have once again resumed to business as usual. Only 9 days til Jen's arrival!

I am always thinking about the people around me that I don't know and trying to imagine what they might do for a living or where they came from. There is a webiste for Air France 447 and a detailed list of the passengers on that flight. It's really bone-chilling and heart-breaking to see why people were on that flight. Especially after the recent crash that killed the Polish president, it just goes to show that no one is untouchable and life is too short.





Something new.


Something old.  "Me gusta viajar... je ne sais pas"



I'm working on my video for this weekend. In the meantime, here's a preview.


I couldn't have imagined a better weekend and the best parts were completely unplanned. Roger has taught me that life is so much more wonderful when you don't ruin the future moments by worrying or trying too hard to make them great. You just have to trust in yourself and make sure that you keep worthy company and everything else will fall into place.

No comments:

Post a Comment