Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Libertine, the American and a Secret Show

My trip back to TX flew by as I revisited old stomping grounds, caught up with good friends, and my #1 priority getting in the QT with my family.

Wednesday (sept 3) I met up with my favorite Sara (no H) Blackard and her hubby Beau to get my first heaping dose of Tex Mex since returning at Chuys. Afterwards, over some miller lites and shiner bocks, we gabbed about all the changes since we last saw each other 3 months ago including one particular scandal involving an unreturned heating unit. This brought up a lengthy discussion of etiquette when borrowing and lending things between friends. It's interesting when you loan a friend and item and they never return it, and eventually the item's value becomes irrelevant and you begin arguing with the pal solely on principle. Then when all is said and done 7 months later, you've got your $100 heating unit back just in time for fall weather, you're minus one disrespectful friend and feeling like you've won a battle.

Thursday I met up with 5 of my former co-workers for lunch and it was so great to feel like time hadn't passed between us. It was all the fun of being at the job without the hassle. Then I headed downtown to pickup my official passport from the federal building and then on the road to Dallass with my dad and dog. Friday I reaquainted myself with the Dallas shopping scene and just in time for the labor day sales. After shopping in France and Spain, it's good to get back to some familiar stores again.

Saturday we joined up for lunch with our good friends True and Elizabeth, and their niece also named Elizabeth, at my friend Dana's bar The Libertine on lower Greenville Avenue. We had no idea that her food was awarded best bar food in Dallas and the menu was better than most pricier establishments I've been to. We munched on Pork Wings which were phenomenal, the house mediterranean plate, and amazing onion rings just to start. I had a medium-rare tuna sandwhich with sweet potato fries and it was mind-blowing! We had a 3 o'clock movie time to see The American with George Clooney. Our opinions were all the same, booooring! We paid $12 each to see what George Clooney does behind closed doors with his Italian girlfriend. Maybe the Tea Party can do something about this. The good news is I got a text from Dana while I was in the movie inviting me to go see the Old 97s that night. They just happen to be my favorite band and I was really surprised because I checked their show schedule before coming out and there wasn't any Dallas dates. Come to find out my friend Dana, who I've know since I was 8, failed to tell me that she's know the band personally for a long time now and this is a party for the lead singer Rhett´s birthday. Not to mention it´s going to be at my old hangout called the Green Elephant which is now called The Barley House. Anyways, we found ourselves standing next to the stage with only about 50 other people and the band rocked both old favorites and great new songs soon to be released!
Here we are...









Now I´m back in BCN super jet-lagged still after two days and taking off for Lyon tomorrow. This week I hope to get back to my french courses and start up salsa dancing classes with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment