Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sui Inspired



So I've finally got the Anna Sui book. It only took about 10 days to get here but alas it arrived yesterday morning. Several of my current projects have been stuck and after reading the first couple pages of Anna's story I got my motivation back. I will post pics later as some of them will be gifts for the family. I really love Anna's ability to mix colors and textures. I tend to be too matchy sometimes and putting black on top of grey can really bring a garment down. With Anna's style she always adds a little flair to a normally dull garment that's what really makes her fashion work. Her work is not over the top but always edgy enough to set it apart and give it that extra umph. She really pushes the girliness in her garments and I think that is lost in most of today's clothes. The ruffles, the trims, embroideries, buttons, and bows fulfill every fashionista's dream.

More on that later, time to finish packing for Barcelona!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment