Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Yesterday the kids were burning trash cans in the city center causing security to close off this major hub's 3 metro stops. I got stuck in the middle of a stampede of young boys running from the armored police. It seems as though the high school kids are taking advantage of the opportunity to revolt. The locals say that it's common for them to show up during manifestations to break and burn things. Today the metros will not go to anystops near the center which is on a Presq'uil seperated from the rest of the town by two rivers.
I guess this is why....

I usually get off the metro here and make my way up those stairs in the back to get to french class.

This is also by my school. needless to say I didn't make it to class today becuase I lost so much time on the messed up metros today and I figured it wasn't even worth risking the 10 minute walk into the main streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment